GMS use a range of Injection, Transfer and Compression moulding processes, including rubber to metal bonding. The method used is largely dependent upon the quantity of parts that are required, tooling type and the desired finish of components.
We have the experience and capabilities to process many materials including:
- PVC nitriles
- Fabric Reinforced
- Fluoroelastamers (including Silver coated aluminium filled fluorosilicone)
- Carboxylated Nitrile
- Silicone (including FDA and USP Class VI approved)
- Food grade materials
If you require information regarding the above materials, or any other, please feel free to ask us for further information contact us or have a look at our brochure.
Components produced by compression moulding, transfer moulding and some injection moulded parts produce flash (excess material) that needs to be removed. This can be done in a variety of ways including:-
- Cryogenic Freeze trimming – components are frozen and bead blasted to remove the brittle flash.
- Tear trimming- Where the part is purposely moulded to produce a very thin section of flash that can be pulled away easily.
- Hand trimming – Flash is removed by hand either with knives, razor blades or scissors.
The process used is dependant upon the shape and size of the part and also the type of material used.
Rubber to Metal Bonding
Another key service that we offer is rubber to metal bonded products. We manufacture and supply products to serve a diverse range of industries including the automotive, rail and military with items such as:-
- Anti vibration mounts
- Sound proofing products
- Bump Stops
- Anti friction seals (which involve rubber, metal and PTFE bonding)
- Close tolerance mouldings
- Reinforced fabric mouldings
Rubber to metal bonded products
Rubber and plastic mouldings